Tuesday, December 19, 2006

DC

SueNah's apartment building in Alexandria

the park across from her place
Old Town Alexandria
that's my tiny head, she doesn't zoom
Wigs!! two stores down was another wig shop...

sooooper fancy Indian restaurant in Old Town
our rrrromantic table in the corner near the window
chicken curry, was sooooooooooo good
Amanda you would have luuuuuved it


the super secret masonic temple

This is my makeshift bed taking up the whole living room floorspace in her cute little apartment. Actually, Zola seemed to own the bed, but he let me sleep there.This is Zola, the cat we found one winter in college.
the night we found him, due to SueNah's strict 'no pets' policy, little Zola slept on our front steps in a clothes hamper full of towels
the next night he charmed his way inside...

he's a stately old man now




where people drop off their kissables for the Metro



we met Mike at his office building on K street and 19th (super lobbyist/lawyer area)
and went to an Irish place for dinner

Mike is from Long Island (pronounced: loooohhhng oylind)

he walks and talks like New York and he definitely complements her well

he's the calm to her frazzle (sorry SueNah, but you gotta little frazzle in you)

ok, so you guys aren't smiling...TAKE TWO!


earlier in the week, we'd gone to an Ethiopian restaurant in DC
man it was good, and tons of food

we'd planned to go to a bar after dinner
walking out of the restaurant, I'd assumed we'd take a cab...right?

"Bar's only FIVE blocks, we can just walk..."

it is TWENTY DEGREES, my organs will shut down!!
I really thought it was possible i might actually freeze to death right there on the sidewalks of DC

(I couldn't feel my face in this picture)


but I made it after all, with all my organs still up'n'running

maybe I can be a tough ol' yankee after all, huh? huh?

sheesha bar (sheesha? shisha? she-shuhhhh)





my other makeshift bed...

driving in DC (Amanda is on the phone:))
the Potomac
the Pentagon
again...
911 Pentagon monument (SueNah calls it 'the ugly tentacles')
ain't she perty:)
she's going to a christmas party
i'm going to sit and blow my nose until i fall asleep

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am so sad i missed the food and suenah and zola! siiigh. thanks for tkaing pictures. talk to you sooon. xoxo.