Tuesday, December 12, 2006

more West Virginia

throughout west virginia and virginia, the radio weather people kept saying it was gonna snow.
never snowed on me, but this is what crept along behind me


More mountain views...








I stopped to take pictures of a lake nestled in the mountains. There were about 20 old wooden houses at the end of the road, all with smoking brick chimneys and all with front porches overflowing with firewood.


Look at the rock ledges...
I zoomed in on these rock ledges and saw two dogs playing, chasing each other, looked like mountain goats...



across the lake from the old wooden houses...




Giant flowers...


I don't even know what to say...
Fireplace at Cracker Barrel...

Let's see that again...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i made the one w/the pine/fir/christmas tree and the fence my desktop. perfect for the holidays. West Virginia looks dreary. those flowers positively burst off your page. ha. miss you take care.

Anonymous said...

wow! thats a lot of updating! im glad no one, including you, died in dc. thats a good story. hill & mountains are pretty. cold weather is not. going to awww-sten today. wish me luck!